THE DIRTY ARMY: Nik I’m an immigrant citizen from Europe and my family came to Canada in the late 70′s and we have nothing to do with what has happened to the aboriginal people in Canada a long time ago. As for the rest of Canada it is made up of immigrants more than half of Canadians are immigrants, but we are forced to pay high taxes and our province in over 1 billion $ debt because we just keep shelling out money to aboriginals on a daily basis. Meanwhile our road’s are crumbling and our city look’s like a dump! Just because their ancestors have had “their land” taken away from. In my opinion it’s God’s land this World is meant for everyone, every country in this World has been taken over by one or more group’s in history it’s a part of evolution. And no people in history has been apologized for it or has gotten compensation except aboriginals! Also the money’s aboriginal chiefs get are poorly misused and they are just using and abusing the system, while aboriginals get free money, we tax payer’s are having to make choice’s every month if we spend to much on grocerie’s will our light’s be cut off, or our car’s repo’d. Nik I want these so called Chief’s put on blast! It’s time people in Manitoba realize that we are being used, in Canada too! Canadian’s pay way too much in taxes! And for what to give it to a certain type of people that think they deserve it and don’t do anything wise with it. Nik I wouldn’t complain if the money’s aboriginal’s on reserves got actually built them road’s or fire house’s and school’s but it doesn’t and it’s time as We tax payer’s ask why. Why is it so many children die in fire’s on reserves? Why are there no good school’s? Why are their so many baby’s dying from sid’s. One baby dying is one too many if you ask me. Here is an atricle in the news from May 01 on the misuse of flood money by Manitoba Chiefs. BROKENHEAD FIRST NATION – A news conference was cut short and security was called as some of Manitoba’s top aboriginal chiefs met to highlight the situation for more than 2,000 people still forced from their homes by flooding last year. The media conference followed allegations that have surfaced in recent weeks of fraud involving flood funds. “People are not numbers that can be managed on a spreadsheet, people are not numbers that can be managed financially. People have stories and some of the stories that continue to unfold in the flooded communities are tragic,” Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs Grand Chief Derek Nepinak told reporters gathered Tuesday at the South Beach Casino and Resort, where leaders from various first nations were gathered for a meeting. Peguis First Nation recently received a letter from federal auditors outlining questionable payments to elected leaders, poorly documented flood-related work projects and shoddy staffing decisions. Peguis Chief Glenn Hudson quickly said he can “guarantee there is no fraud” within the management of the first nation, but took the chance to take a swing at the province and Ottawa. “I certainly wouldn’t admit that there’s been no mistakes, but let’s point the question back to you, has the federal government made mistakes? Has the provincial government made mistakes in doing what they’re doing? Yes they have, in terms of their intentional flooding,” he said. The media conference came to an abrupt halt after Sun News Network pressed the leaders on the suggestion that they want to focus on the flood evacuees, not on the funding and fraud allegations. “Check all the other frauds that the federal government has imposed on our people, as well as this provincial government. Don’t come to our place, our house, when you haven’t checked the provincial government and the federal government for their fraudulent activities, as well,” said Grand Chief Morris Shannacappo. The Sun News reporter tried to clarify with another question and Shannacappo began to answer but was quickly cut off by a news handler. Absent from the media conference was Chief Adrian Sinclair from Lake St. Martin First Nation, where a reported 170 flood claims were made by recipients who weren’t eligible for funding. Sinclair was at the hotel for the conference. When confronted by reporters, he declined comment. “I’ve got nothing to hide — I’ve got nothing to say right now,” he said as one of several men around him asked for security and attempted to shuffle away news cameras and reporters. “I’ve got a lawyer. I’ll get my lawyer to contact you.” As of April 2, more than 2,200 people from Manitoba first nations remained displaced by flooding in 2011, the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs said Tuesday, quoting figures from Aboriginal and Northern Affairs Canada. Did you know that these aboriginal’s from the reserves that were effected by the floods are still in hotel’s in Downtown Winnipeg costing us more than 40$million and still climbing and many over 200 people that are not even effected by the flood and live in the City are living in these hotels for free. The Aboriginal people that were effected by the flooding want to go back home but their old home’s are ruined by flooding and new home’s and new land is waiting for them, but they refuse to live their and choose to live in the hotel’s free food and free living, why not I guess. But you have to take into consideration most of the children staying at these hotel’s are not even enrolled into school’s. Why hasn’t something been done about this??? What a bunch of bull!!!! When these Chief’s are asked question they point the finger back or bail. That’s why I think the treaty should be gone because these Cheif’s cannot dance around these questions and keep blaming the Government for everything. Note to Aboriginal Chief’s don’t bite the hand that feed’ you!.
Hear hear.- nik