BREAKING: Donald Trump’s Appeal To Get Travel Ban Reinstated Shot Down
While President Donald Trump’s “Muslim Ban” and “Travel Ban” prohibiting immigrants from certain countries has been causing a lot of controversy, Bob Ferguson, the attorney general of Washington State, took to challenge the travel ban. On Friday, a federal judge in Ferguson’s state issued a ruling that blocked Trump’s ban from being enforced nationwide.
Trump immediately took to Twitter yesterday to issue a series of tweets defending the ban, including :
- “When a country is no longer able to say who can, and who cannot, come in & out, especially for reasons of safety &.security – big trouble!”
- “Interesting that certain Middle-Eastern countries agree with the ban. They know if certain people are allowed in it’s death & destruction!”
- “The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!”
- “What is our country coming to when a judge can halt a Homeland Security travel ban and anyone, even with bad intentions, can come into U.S.?”
- “Because the ban was lifted by a judge, many very bad and dangerous people may be pouring into our country. A terrible decision.”
- “The judge opens up our country to potential terrorists and others that do not have our best interests at heart. Bad people are very happy!”
In response to the judge’s decision, the Justice Department had filed on Saturday evening for an immediate reinstatement of the travel ban; however, in breaking news early Sunday morning, it is being reported that the appeals court denied the appeal request.
Interestingly enough, this is the first time that something Trump is using his executive power to do has been shut down.
Stay tuned, as we will be keeping you posted on developments related to this breaking story.