President Donald Trump Suggests Cancelling All Future Press Briefings, Claims Surrogates Can’t Always Stand At Podium With Perfect Accuracy
While Fridays generally bring a sense of calm to people, President Donald Trump seems anything but this morning, as he began the day on Twitter ranting about various topics including the fake media and cancelling future press briefings.
Specifically, Trump tweeted out what follows this morning in this specific order:
- “Again, the story that there was collusion between the Russians & Trump campaign was fabricated by Dems as an excuse for losing the election.”
- “The Fake Media is working overtime today!”
- “As a very active President with lots of things happening, it is not possible for my surrogates to stand at podium with perfect accuracy!”
- “Maybe the best thing to do would be to cancel all future ‘press briefings’ and hand out written responses for the sake of accuracy???”
- “James Comey better hope that there are no ‘tapes’ of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!”
- “When James Clapper himself, and virtually everyone else with knowledge of the witch hunt, says there is no collusion, when does it end?”
Talk about a lot to discuss. Literally, in slightly over an hour, Trump suggests cancelling press briefings, claims his surrogates can’t always have perfect accuracy when they’re at the podium, called out the fake media, claims the Russia story is a lie to explain why the Democrats lost the election, issued a warning to Comey, and more.
This is a lot to digest. We’re getting coffee and suggest you do as well.