Top 10 Shocking Moments From Donald Trump’s Press Conference
This past week, President-Elect Donald Trump held his first press conference in many months. After it ended, many were stunned by some of the things that he said, as he spoke in ways almost every President before him has never spoken. So what were the ten most shocking moments? Here they are in no particular order:
- Trump’s favoring certain press outlets over others, due to them writing more positively about them. Specifically, he said that, “I have great respect for the news and great respect for freedom of the press and all of that. But I will tell you, there were some news organizations with all that was just said that were so professional — so incredibly professional, that I’ve just gone up a notch as to what I think of you.”
- Trump talking about how many jobs he will create, stating that, “I will be the greatest jobs producer that God ever created” but then noting “we need certain amounts of other things, including a little bit of luck.”
- Trump (more or less) admitting to Russia being behind hacks, stating that, “As far as hacking, I think it was Russia.”
- Speaking of hacking, Trump continuing to explain that, “I think we also get hacked by other countries and other people. And I — I can say that you know when — when we lost 22 million names and everything else that was hacked recently, they didn’t make a big deal out of that. That was something that was extraordinary. That was probably China.”
- Trump insisting Hillary Clinton received the questions for the debate prior to the debate happening. Specifically, he said, “Hillary Clinton got the questions to the debate…That’s a horrible thing.”
- Trump claiming that “if Putin likes Donald Trump, I consider that an asset” as Russia can “help us fight ISIS.”
- Trump’s overly confident attitude about his new job, revealing that, “I could actually run my business, I could actually run my business and run government at the same time.”
- Trump claiming he’s doing the democrats a “great service” by taking Obamacare off the shelf. Specifically, he stated, “Obamacare is the Democrats problem. We are gonna take the problem off the shelves for them. We’re doing them a tremendous service by doing it. We could sit back and let them hang with it. We are doing the Democrats a great service.”
- Trump insisting Mexico will pay for the wall he wants to build, explaining that, “We’re going to start building. Mexico in some form, and there are many different forms, will reimburse us and they will reimburse us for the cost of the wall. That will happen, whether it’s a tax or whether it’s a payment — probably less likely that it’s a payment. But it will happen.”
- Trump blatantly refusing to take a question from a CNN reporter, telling a reporter from CNN to be “quiet please” and calling the news organization of CNN “terrible.”
While there were many other shocking things that happened, these were definitely the main ones.
Tell us- what did you think of Trump’s press conference? Was it good or a disaster? Tell us in the comments!