Trump and Netanyahu Press Conference – “No Greater Supporter of Jews Than Trump”
Within the last hour, President Donald Trump and Benjamin Netanyahu, the Prime Minister of Israel, gave a joint press conference.
Here are the highlights:
While speaking, Trump shared:
- A reaffirmation of our bond with “cherished ally” Israel.
- “The state of Israel is a symbol… of resilience in the face of oppression… and of survival in the face of genocide.”
- “I will do more to prevent Iran from ever developing- I mean ever- a nuclear weapon.”
- “Our security assistance to Israel is currently at an all time high, ensuring that Israel has the ability to defend itself from threats of which there are unfortunately many.”
- “We reject unfair and one sided actions against Israel at the United Nations which has treated Israel- in my opinion- very, very unfairly.”
- A calling for “working toward a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians.”
- “The United States stands with Israel in the struggle against terrorism.”
Netanyahu then spoke and he said:
- Thanked Trump for the “truly warm” hospitality.
- Said he “deeply values” Trump’s friendship.
- “Israel has no better ally than the United States and I want to assure you, the United States has no better ally than Israel.”
- “Under your (Trump’s) leadership, I am confident (our alliance) will get even stronger.”
- “I welcome your forthright call to ensure that Israel is treated fairly in international forums.”
- “You’ve shown great clarity and courage in confronting (radical islamic terror) head on.”
- “Under your leadership, I believe we can reverse the rising tide of radical Islam.”
There was then a question and answer session. Some of the highlights were:
- Trump stating that “General Flynn is a wonderful man. I think he’s been treated very, very unfairly by the media. As I call it the fake media in many cases. I think it’s really a sad thing that he was treated so badly. I think in addition to that, from intelligence, papers are being leaked. Things are being leaked. It’s criminal action- criminal act. It’s been going on for a long time before me. But now it’s really going on. People are trying to cover up for a terrible loss that the democrats had under Hillary Clinton. I think it’s very, very unfair what’s happened to General Flynn, the way he was treated, and the documents and papers that were illegally- I stress that- illegally leaked.”
- Trump explaining his stance on a 1-state vs. 2-state plan, detailing, “I’m looking at two state and one state and I like the one that both parties like… I can live with either one. I’ve thought for a while the two state was the easier of the two… As fan as the embassy moving to Jerusalem, I’d love to see that happen.”
- Netanyahu boldly sharing that, “There is no greater supporter of the Jewish people and the Jewish state than President Donald Trump. We should put that to rest.”
Stay tuned to The Dirty for all the latest political coverage.