Weekly Trump Dump – 10 Most Outrageous Things President Donald Trump Said And Did This Week
While we’ve been bringing you the weekly Trump Dump, this week seemed like it was going to be a bit more challenging, as President Donald Trump gave the first speech in which he actually sounded rather presidential (which The Dirty noted was a grand slam). However, with it being Trump and his interesting choice of characters he surrounds himself with, we still managed to find some outrageous things that he said and did this week. Here they are:
- While Trump was mostly quiet on Twitter the latter half of this week after his excellent speech to Congress, he returned in full force. He tweeted, “It is so pathetic that the Dems have still not approved my full Cabinet.”
- He also tweeted that the Democrats “lost the election, and now they have lost their grip on reality.”
- In addition, Trump took to Twitter to call the “narrative” surrounding Jeff Sessions a “total ‘witch hunt.'”
- As we previously reported, Trump shockingly claimed that America will soon have a one party system as opposed to the two party system we’ve had since 1790.
- Regardless of the professionalism of his speech to Congress, multiple news outlets still took time to report on certain things Trump stated that they felt were either exaggerated, false, or misleading.
- In a meeting with State Attorney Generals on Tuesday, the topic of the recent targeted threats against the Jewish community/their facilities came up. It was reported that Trump said something along the lines of “sometimes the reverse may be true.” This led to concern from many; however, it is important to note that, in fairness to Trump, he did directly condemn these threats in his speech to Congress Tuesday evening.
- Speaking of his speech to Congress- which, again, we applauded- Trump stated in it that, “My job is not to represent the world. My job is to represent the United States of America.” He also spoke about having a “new National pride.” Many have taken issue with these statements/sentiments due to our country being one that was founded by immigrants and the statements seem to discount anyone but Americans.
- Last weekend, Trump took to Twitter to address a hot topic- Russia. He stated that, “Russia talk is FAKE NEWS put out by the Dems, and played up by the media, in order to mask the big election defeat and the illegal leaks!”
- He also called out one of his favorite targets- The New York Times– tweeting, “For first time the failing @nytimes will take an ad (a bad one) to help save its failing reputation. Try reporting accurately & fairly!”
- Finally- and hilariously- Trump was named as the Secretary of HUD accidentally by Press Secretary Sean Spicer. While the mistake was quickly corrected, it was entertaining nonetheless.
While there wasn’t as much to dump on Trump for this week, he still provided us with great content. It’s safe to say he held back a bit after being praised for his speech but, based on his Twitter in the last 24 hours, we’re sure he’ll be back in full force in no time.