Weekly Trump Dump – 10 Most Outrageous Things President Donald Trump Said And Did This Week
It’s been another week in Trump-land and we’re back with our weekly “Trump Dump.” Here are the ten most outrageous things our President said and did this week:
- The biggest news of the week surrounded Rachel Maddow outing Trump’s 2005 tax return; however, Trump beat her at her own game, having the White House out the pertinent information from the tax return before Maddow hit the air.
- On the topic of the tax return, many were surprised to see Trump’s tax return dump on us the fact that he paid taxes and that there wasn’t much else to learn from them.
- Even though the numbers Maddow reported matched the numbers that the White House released- and, again, they didn’t show much of anything- Trump still took to Twitter to call out DCReport’s David Cay Johnston, who gave the document to Maddow, and to call out NBC News. Specifically, Trump tweeted, “Does anybody really believe that a reporter, who nobody ever heard of, ‘went to his mailbox’ and found my tax returns? @NBCNews FAKE NEWS!”
- Sadly, this week, we learned that the new healthcare bill that the GOP has proposed would make 24 million people lose healthcare coverage within the next ten years, with 14 million losing coverage within the next year alone.
- Even though that news came out, Trump still backed the “progress on healthcare,” tweeting, “Great progress on healthcare. Improvements being made – Republicans coming together!”
- Strangely, after claiming “great progress on healthcare” was being made, Trump appeared on Fox News with Tucker Carlson on Wednesday. While appearing, he was asked about a report that came out this week claiming that, under his new bill, many of the middle and working class counties that voted for him would do worse under the new healthcare bill. To this, Trump said, “Oh I know that.” He did acknowledge, though, that the bill was “very preliminary” and would go through further changes.
- Trump took to Twitter this week to blast the media, tweeting that, “It is amazing how rude much of the media is to my very hard working representatives. Be nice, you will do much better!”
- Trump made a very ballsy move this morning on Twitter, taking to his favorite social media platform to call out North Korea, tweeting, “North Korea is behaving very badly. They have been ‘playing’ the United States for years. China has done little to help!” This is a smart move because, you know, it’s always good to start more issues with countries that have issues with us and tons of nuclear weapons.
- This morning, Trump also took to Twitter to wish people a Happy St. Patrick’s day. While he tried to sound intelligent by using gaelic, writing, “Happy Lá Fheile Phadraig,” he came off sounding less than astute, as the correct spelling is, “Lá Fheile Padraig.”
- Finally, Trump also called out Snoop Dogg after Snoop released a video where he did a mock shooting of a clown that looked like Trump. To this, Trump tweeted, “Can you imagine what the outcry would be if @SnoopDogg, failing career and all, had aimed and fired the gun at President Obama? Jail time!”
Overall, it’s been another interesting week watching our President run the country. We’re sure the next week will bring plenty of more content to discuss, so see you next Friday for the weekly Trump Dump.