Weekly Trump Dump – 10 Most Outrageous Things President Donald Trump Said And Did This Week
It’s been another fascinating week living under President Donald Trump. Let’s get into our weekly Trump Dump, where we recap the ten most outrageous things President Donald Trump said and did this week.
- Even after the GOP’s Obamacare repeal bill was pulled, Trump still insisted it won’t be long till Obamacare folds.
- Trump also attacked one of his favorite targets this week, The New York Times, tweeting that, “Remember when the failing @nytimes apologized to its subscribers, right after the election, because their coverage was so wrong.”
- He also suggested later in the week via Twitter that, “The failing @nytimes has disgraced the media world. Gotten me wrong for two solid years. Change libel laws?”
- In response to the ongoing Russian investigation, Trump referred to it on Twitter as “a witch hunt (excuse for big election loss).”
- Speaking of the “witch hunt,” it was announced yesterday that former National Security Advisor Mike Flynn asked for immunity if he testified in the ongoing investigation. Shockingly, Trump supported this in the same tweet about the “witch hunt.”
- Trump signed a controversial executive order on climate change this week allowing for, amongst other things, coal mining to take place on U.S. federal lands.
- Since the executive order was bound to garner criticism, CNN claims Trump’s advisers say it “is the President’s attempt to put American jobs first.” In other words, they’re saying Trump is making these changes to the policies in an effort to make more jobs.
- Trump is planning a meeting with China next week that he has described in the following manner: “The meeting next week with China will be a very difficult one in that we can no longer have massive trade deficits and job losses. American companies must be prepared to look at other alternatives.”
- On Twitter, Trump called out three Congressmen, stating that, “If @RepMarkMeadows, @Jim_Jordan and @Raul_Labradorwould get on board we would have both great healthcare and massive tax cuts & reform.”
- Finally, while this isn’t something Trump did or said, it’s interesting to report that according to a poll conducted by NBC News, Trump’s approval is at 42%, with 56% of people not approving of the job he’s doing.
It’s certainly been another interesting week in Trumpland. Stay tuned for our Trump Dump next Friday, as we’re sure there will be lots more to discuss.