Sean Spicer – Holds Press Briefing, Here Are The CliffNotes
Today, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer held a press briefing. Spicer has undergone extensive scrutiny over the past few days after claiming Trump’s inauguration had the “largest audience ever to witness an inauguration,” which was proven to not be true. So what did Spicer talk about in this press briefing?
Here are some of the highlights:
- “Today President Trump is focused on fulfilling his pledge to pursue trade policies that put America first. The President began his day with a breakfast with key US business leaders where the focus of the discussion was on job creation and growing our manufacturing base.”
- “The president’s vision is to negotiate fair trade deals that could create jobs, increase American wages, and reduce American’s trade deficit.”
- “The Trump administration will pursue bi-lateral trade opportunities.”
- “The Trump administration wants free and fair trade throughout the world.”
- “The President’s top priority is to retain and attract American jobs.”
- “At this point in 2009, President Obama had 7 of his nominees confirmed on day one and 5 more in the first week. As it stands today, we have 2.”
- “Beginning later this week we will have four Skype seats live here in the briefing room. This will open up the briefing to journalists who live beyond 50 miles of the Washington DC area and to organizations that don’t currently have a hard pass.”
Tell us – how do you think Sean Spicer did? Let us know in the comments.